Saturday, January 22, 2011

A New Baby! And other stuff.

I swiped a book of Emily Dickinson poems from the communal pile of books in the break room at work. I doubt anyone will miss it. Books just kinda end up there. Michael Crichton and stuff. I got my Janet Evanovich phase from that pile. I remember being ashamed of reading that silliness but it was soooo fun. Kind of like my Kardashians thing. I love them even though I know it's stupid. I think I just want their shoes and hair.

Anyway, thought I'd share a few tidbits of poetry:

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

A wounded deer leaps highest,
I've heard the hunter tell;
Tis but the ecstasy of death,
And then the brake is still....

I always figured I don't really read enough poetry. Amber Tamblyn (one of my heroes!) has a book of poetry out that I should probably pick up one day...eventually.

Anywho - I've got a new cousin! Johannah was born last Thursday the 20th at 6 pounds, 15 ounces, 19 inches, with a HEAD FULL of hair. She's soo itty bitty! I have a really hard time, even now, trying to remember Claudia that SMALL. C was a couple inches longer but I insist she couldn't have been so teeny. It's amazing that only six months later I'm forgetting what it was like for her to be brand new. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Something else good though - SHE'S CUTTING A TOOTH! I'm been looking for evidence of a tooth for a good month now, and she's been showing signs of teething for longer. I'M SO EXCITED!!

Another Wednesday in the can. THAT MUCH CLOSER TO THE WEEKEND.

XO,
Shroomy

1 comment:

  1. Aww I'm sorry you're still not feeling well! Hopefully soon. At 16 weeks I literally had a 180 degree turnaround. maybe the same will happen for you?

    ReplyDelete